The lunar year of the tiger is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start preparing for all of the good fortune that will be coming your way! This year is going to be a lucky one for many people, so make sure you take advantage of all the opportunities it has to offer. In this blog post, we will discuss 12 ways that you can bring good luck into your life during the Year of the Tiger.
The lunar new year celebration is a traditional holiday that takes place in many countries throughout Asia. It celebrates the start of the new lunar year, which falls on a different date each year according to the Chinese calendar. The lunar new year is considered to be a very important holiday, and it is celebrated with lots of food, family time, and traditional customs and rituals.
The 12 signs of the Chinese zodiac are: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog, and pig. Each sign represents a different personality type and has different characteristics that are associated with it.
- Rat: quick-witted, resourceful, and ambitious
- Ox: patient, dependable, and strong-willed
- Tiger: courageous, active, and confident
- Rabbit: graceful, compassionate, and adaptable
- Dragon: energetic, lucky, and assertive
- Snake: intuitive, persuasive, and seductive
- Horse: spirited, independent, and loyal
- Sheep: gentle, sensitive, and creative
- Monkey: curious, lively, and mischievous
- Rooster: hardworking, honest and critical
- Dog: faithful, protective, and obedient
- Pig: generous, tolerant, and good natured
This year will be the year of the Tiger and it holds significant value. It is the symbol of courage and confidence and you should embody these traits throughout the year.
The Year of the Tiger is a lunar year that occurs every 12 years. The next one starts on February 14th, 2010 and ends on January 31st, 2011. The tiger is the third sign in the Chinese zodiac, and people who are born in the Year of the Tiger are said to be courageous, determined, and independent.
People born during this year are thought to be especially lucky and are blessed with confidence and courage, so if you’re looking for ways to bring good luck into your life, look no further!
Tsao-Lin Moy of Integrative Healing Arts says that Mythology and folklore recognizes the majestic tiger as the King of the beasts in the Earth Kingdom. While the Tiger is the ruler on Earth the Dragon is ruler of the sky and heavens. The Dragon is the other most powerful creature in Chinese mythology and astrology.
Considered a ruler, symbolizing power, big hearted, tenacity, strength. It is a great protector scaring away evil spirits and devouring evil “men”.
Stripes on the head of a Tiger look like the Chinese character for King 王 Wáng.
The Tiger is also a form of Kung fu/Martial arts that uses techniques such as fists and tiger claws grappling and pouncing movements as part of it’s style. It is channeling the spirit energy of the Tiger.
The Tiger is also used to describe certain herbal formulas such as White Tiger Decoction called Bai Hu Tang or Five-Tiger Decoction Wu Hu Tang, but do not contain any Tiger parts. It describes the strength of the formula to clear evil qi of illness that is acute high fever, sweating and irritability.
Tiger bone was an ingredient used in certain herbal formulas for rheumatoid arthritis and other deep and chronic joint diseases. Because Tigers are a protected animal, scientists have developed a bionic tiger bone powder to ethically study it’s healing properties. Bionic tiger bone powder shows it to be anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-osteoporotic.
3 and 8 are numbers that can be associated with the year of the Tiger. 3 for stability and 8 for wealth and success.
The number 3 in particular is important and holds huge value as one of the more powerful angel numbers.
- Angel Number 3 is a sign that your angels are around you at all times. They are there to guide you along the right path and will give messages of encouragement when you need them most.
- Angel Number 3 is one of those number sequences that you may find yourself seeing quite often. If this number sequence is appearing to you on a regular basis, it could be a sign from the angels that they are around and looking out for you.
- Angel Number 3 is also your life path number which shows an inherent sense of responsibility in your personal approach to life.
- You have been blessed with a balance of responsibility and creativity which makes you the perfect person to accomplish those tasks that need to be completed.
– Wear red underwear. Red is the color of good luck in China, so wearing something red underneath your clothes will help increase your fortune throughout the year.
– Hang a picture of a tiger in your home. The tiger is the symbol of good luck in the Chinese zodiac, so having one as a decoration in your home will help to bring you good fortune all year long.
– Place four coins with heads up under your bed. This is an old Chinese tradition that is said to bring wealth and prosperity into your life.
– Carry a jade amulet with you at all times. Jade is considered to be the most precious gemstone in China, and carrying one with you will ensure that you have good luck throughout the year.
– Give money as gifts whenever possible. In China, it is traditional to give money as presents during special occasions like weddings or New Year’s celebrations. This is a great way to bring good luck into your life, as well as show your loved ones how much you care about them.
– Eat noodles on New Year’s Day. Eating noodles is said to bring long life and prosperity to the eater, so make sure you have some on January first!
– Place a red envelope under your pillow. Red envelopes are given as gifts of money in China, and placing one under your pillow will ensure that you will have plenty of wealth in the coming year.
– Burn joss sticks and pray to the gods. Joss sticks are used by many people in Asia as an offering to the gods, and praying for good fortune during this year is a great way to ensure that you receive it.
– Clean your house before New Year’s Day. This is another old Chinese tradition that is said to clear away any bad luck and make way for good fortune in the coming year.
– Wear something new on New Year’s Day. Wearing something new is said to bring good luck in the coming year, so make sure you have a new outfit ready to go for January first!
– Give away old things. This is another way to clear out any bad luck and make room for good fortune in the coming year. Giving away your old things will help you start fresh and bring good luck into your life.
– Make a resolution to be a better person. This is probably the best thing you can do to ensure that you have a prosperous year – make a resolution to become a better person, and stick with it!
The lunar year of the tiger is a time for good luck and prosperity. According to Chinese tradition, this is the year to be courageous and really put yourself out there. Whether that means going after the promotion you always wanted or even asking someone out even if you’re nervous. The important thing is that you embody the tiger and go into this year with confidence.