The PDF file format is our choice to share documents due to its high-accomplished compatibility with various operating systems. Files in PDF format also allow clients to make, modify, encrypt, and protect confidential files for accessing any app or any PDF application.
Yet, there are instances when we need to use some pictures in a PDF file, yet it’s taking much of our time, or we don’t know how to extract them. Are you searching for a doable solution to convert PDF to PNG? Here’s good news, you can convert pdf files to png online, and we’ve listed down easy ways for you to do those.
What is a PNG image?
There are various ways to transform PDF to PNG images. But first, let us define PNG or Portable Network Groups. It is a raster-graphics or image file format that supports lossless data compression making high-resolution images. Thus, it is better than JPEG and all other image formats as images with that program will look sharper.
Convert PDF to PNG online
With today’s technology, converting pdf to png online like GogoPDF is a smart choice. Most online tools support cross-platform conversion. Thus, no matter what your operating system is, you could easily access and convert your pdf documents into several formats, so long as you have an internet connection. To try, follow the steps below.
- Go to GogoPDF and select “PDF to PNG”.
- Upload your PDF files for conversion by dragging and dropping them from your device to the tool, and it will automatically convert your pdf file to png images.
- Now, you can access the converted PNG files to your desired device or download them to your Drive, Dropbox, or any other cloud drive.
Converting PDF to PNG offline with Mac Preview
Mac users can convert pdf to png offline. It is convenient and doable even without an internet connection with its built-in app called “Preview” Simply open your PDF file with Mac Preview, right-click on the PDF file, click “Open with”, and choose “Preview” from the menu. Go to the top menu bar, click on the “File” tab, and select “Export.”
From the pop-up window, optimize the exporting settings. Type a file name on the “Export As” box, and leave it as default. Choose a location to save your converted images. Select “PNG” from the “Format” options and set the resolution, and click on the “Save” button. Now your PDF document has been exported to PNG images.
Convert PDF to PNG offline with Photoshop
For windows users, you may convert your pdf to png offline using Photoshop. Import the pdf file that you want to convert to Adobe Photoshop. On the “Import PDF” box, choose “Pages”, click the “OK” button to convert pages. Select all pages by default, or use the “Ctrl” or “Shift” key to select specific pages. Click the “OK” when done.
Your selected pages are now imported to Photoshop. On the drop-down, click on the “Window” tab, select “Actions”. The “Actions” window will appear at the right bottom, so click the “Create new action” tab. Name this action on the new window, then click “Record”. Save a single PDF page as PNG. Photoshop will start converting PDF pages.
Extract Images from PDF and Save as PNG
Online, aside from converting, users’ images from pdf can be extracted. To do that:
- Choose a site that offers extraction.
- Select the PDF file you want to extract images from your computer or on your “Google Drive” or “Dropbox” link to add your file. After your file is uploaded, a new window will pop up.
- Choose the “Extract images” option.
- Wait until extraction is finished, which is usually in less than a minute. The site will give you a downloadable URL once the extraction is done.
- Tap on the “Download” to keep the extracted PNG files to your desired device or drive.
- Done! You can view all photos in your PDF file that have been extracted and converted to PNG format.
As much as possible, consider other factors when converting your pdf to png, such as the user interface, the security of your files and identity if you will do it online, the accuracy of the conversion, and so on. Don’t limit yourself, as every project is important.
We’ve made easy the presented solutions and their step-by-step process to convert pdf files to png images. Some are easy, and some are a little complex. Nevertheless, the decision on how you want to handle your pdf files is yours. Our recommendation, though, use online converters. They are the most comfortable and most convenient.